This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to School of International Futures Ltd (“us”), on our websites nextgenforesight.org and soif.org.uk (“the Site”) will be processed by us.
SOIF is a non-for-profit collective that is re-imagining governance for societal transformation. Our work unlocks effective transitions and long-term decision-making in three ways — with citizens, organisations and leaders. We provide consultancy, training, research and advisory services to organisations and individuals, and run the Next Generation Foresight Practitioners (NGFP) Programme, the NGFP Fellowship, NGFP Impact fund, and maintain several communities including the NGFP Sensing Network (the “Services”).
When we say “you,” we’re referring to the person or entity that’s registered with us to use the Services. In the course of providing the Services, we may collect Personal Information, which means information about you.
For the purpose of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is School of International Futures, Onega House, 112 Main Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 6NE, United Kingdom. .
Information we may collect
The information we collect will depend on which services you access, but may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Services, send us an email, call our team, or post on our website. That information may include your name, IP address, physical address, email, address, phone number and other details like gender, occupation, nationality, social media and demographic information. We will use the information to provide you with the Services you have requested.
- Survey information that you provide on our website or accessed through an external survey provider. We sometimes use Surveymonkey, Google Forms or Typeform and you can read their privacy policies at policies.google.com/privacy, www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/privacy-policy/ and www.typeform.com/privacy-policy/. Surveys may be used for research or business development purposes. All surveys are optional, except for those that are required to be completed as part of an application to the Next Generation Foresight Practitioners awards.
- Analytics. Our NGFP website uses Plausible.io for analytics. This helps us collect information on usage without setting cookies or collecting personal data. You can find out more about their approach here. We do use Google Analytics on other websites run by SOIF.
- SOIFSpace. SOIF runs an online community for foresight practitioners “SOIFSpace”. We use an adapted version of the open source software Humhub, to deliver this functionality. For more information, please see Humhub’s privacy notice.
- NGFP Sensing Network. The NGFP Sensing Network is an online community used by our NGFP network. We host the community on Hivebrite to deliver this functionality. For more information, please see Hivebrite’s privacy notice.
- Newsletters and CRM. We use third party providers, Sendgrid (a service run by Twilio) and Hubspot, to deliver our newsletters and other marketing email and to maintain a CRM. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies. For more information, please see Twilio’s privacy notice and https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy for Hubspot’s privacy notice./
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To deliver services that you have requested. Where necessary we may share this information with a third party or with you if necessary.
- To bill and collect money owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts and other relevant financial correspondence. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To send you informational and promotional content that you may choose (or “opt in”) to receive. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To meet legal requirements, or to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
When you give us information about another individual for business purposes, you do so on the basis that the other individual has agreed and has consented to the processing of his or her personal data and to the transfer of his or her information abroad and to your receiving on his or her behalf any data protection notices.
If your details change or if you no longer wish to receive information or marketing from us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding Your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services.
If we need to transfer your personal information to countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK we will put contracts in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Payment transactions are always encrypted.
Access to your information
Under the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 you can access the personal information we hold on you. Any access request should be addressed to Data Protection Officer: Peter Glenday, email@example.com.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 10 March y 2023.
Cookies (Cookie | Name):
- Cookie preference | civicCookieControl: This cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies on soif.org.uk. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
- Cross-site scripting | XSRF-Token: We use this cookie on the NGFP application site to provide security for uploading files and other required features of the applicatino site.
- NGFP application site | ngfp2022_application_site_session: We appreciate it is 2023 already, but this cookie is used when you login and access the application site to ensure functionality and remember you as you navigate the site.
- Google Analytics | _ga, _utma, _utmb, _utmc_utmz: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
their information page
- LinkedIn | ln_or: These cookies are set to collect information about how visiitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Youtube: We sometimes embed videos from our YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
- Wistia | __distillery: We embed videos from our Wisitia channel. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including how you interact with the videos.
- WordPress | wordpress_ , wp: Our website uses WordPress. WordPress will set strictly necessary cookies that are essential for you to move around our website.