A Humanitarian Foresight Anthology
The first edition of this anthology captures experiences of foresight work within the humanitarian sector originated from non-traditional centres of power and decision making. The collection encourages humanitarian stakeholders to re-think systems of power, capacity building, funding, risk, complexity, inclusion, and urbanism, while cementing the value of 'futuring' as a tool for innovation, change, and imagination.
We believe that storytelling can be used as a tool to make the case for foresight within the humanitarian space and that these stories represent voices that often remain unheard.
The collection encourages humanitarian stakeholders to re-think systems of power
Through the first edition of the anthology, our aim is to:
- Identify the different values of collaborative futures thinking within the humanitarian sector.
- Nudge humanitarian stakeholders and leaders to incorporate the foresight practice within their work.
- Encourage more foresight practitioners to reflect on, document, and tell the story of their work.
Call to action
- If you are a foresight practitioner and have a story to tell,
- If you are within the humanitarian sector, and wish to explore foresight practice for your work,
Reach out to the HUM Futures team at email@example.com